Saturday, January 25, 2020

Pi Network Core Team



Dr. Chengdiao Fan
         Head of Product
Stanford PhD in Computational Anthropology harnessing social computing to unlock human potential on a global scale.


I finished my Ph.D. in Anthropological Sciences from Stanford University, with expertise in human behavior and human groups studies. My research interests have focused on human-computer interaction and social computing -- specifically, how we use technology to positively impact human behavior and societies. My previous research projects and published papers include designing software systems to improve productivity, scale social communications and surface untapped social capital for people. I also founded a startup that builds an email productivity platform that scales conversations by crowdsourcing.

What excites me about blockchain technology is the merging of decentralization with an economic instrument. This technological marvel can mobilize individuals all over the world to participate and be rewarded for their contributions. Just as the internet enabled the world to be more connected through information exchanges, blockchain and cryptocurrencies enable closer and more frequent collaborations with value exchanges. I believe their potential is far beyond the realm of finance, and will create values that have otherwise not been created or captured on individual, societal and global levels. My hope for Pi is the establishment of an inclusive economy for global citizens to unleash and capture their own value, and in turn create value for society and the world.

I speak English & Chinese. I’m a scientist, an engineer, a wife and the mother of a 3-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment