Saturday, January 25, 2020

Pi Network Core Team



Vincent McPhillip
       
       Head of Community
Yale and Stanford-trained social movement builder on a mission to democratize how society defines, creates, and distributes wealth.


My mission is to build a world where anyone, anywhere has the opportunity to realize their full potential. After graduating from Yale University (BA, Political Science), I turned down an investment banking job on Wall Street to launch WellWyn, a community-based wellness practice. While I loved coaching, I was frustrated by how hard it was to create lasting social work at scale. To impact more people, I joined a nonprofit / NGO consulting company called Bridgespan where I worked with philanthropists and NGOs to deploy hundreds of millions of dollars for education and workforce development in communities across the U.S.

My time at Bridgespan convinced me that providing people with equal opportunity would require shattering a deep-rooted myth: that you can’t prosper financially while doing good for the world. After enrolling at Stanford’s Graduate School of Business, I became obsessed with the idea of how people could use cryptocurrencies to earn money by doing good, thereby redefining the very meaning of Wealth. To figure out how to make this work, I co-founded the Stanford Blockchain Collective, a group of 750 thought leaders, businesspeople, engineers, and lawyers from across Stanford and Silicon Valley. I also began teaching Crypto 101 workshops so I could learn more about how people could use cryptocurrency to transform their lives.

I am convinced that cryptocurrency is one of the most powerful tools we have to provide opportunities for people everywhere to achieve a new meaning of prosperity. Despite this potential, we are still in the early stages of helping people understand how cryptocurrency could improve their lives. Pi aims to change this. Pi represents the culmination of a personal, lifelong mission to empower others by redefining wealth.

In my free time, I practice meditation, yoga, tai chi. I also love to dance. I’m a native of Trinidad and Tobago, and speak Spanish and Portuguese.

No comments:

Post a Comment